Massage Therapy Services
Complete Range Physiotherapy is pleased to offer 30 and 60 minute remedial massage therapy appointments. Call us now on (08) 9524 7002 to reserve your booking or book online via the ‘online bookings’ link above.
Our Complete Range Physiotherapy Remedial Massage Therapists are experienced in treating a wide range of conditions to reduce pain fast.
Massage is the practice of soft and deep tissue manipulation with physical (anatomical), functional (physiological), and in some cases psychological purposes. Body tissues that we focus on include muscles, tendons, ligaments, joints, and other connective tissue areas. Massage can be applied with the hands, fingers, elbows and forearm.
Our prime location, on Oasis drive opposite the Whistling Kite enables us to offer these expert services to not only Secret Harbour, but also the surrounding suburbs including Port Kennedy, Golden Bay and the greater Rockingham area.
There are over 80 different recognized massage modalities the most common of which we employ are:
Involves a number of target-specific techniques intended to focus on specific areas of the body that are displaying agitation or injury due to sports related activities. The aim of these techniques is to enhance the muscular system enabling faster healing from injuries and strain and thus allow for harder training programs due to greater physical stability. These techniques create:
- An increased in local blood flow, which in turn carries much needed nutrients to injured areas to enable them to heal faster
- The release and flow of lymphatic fluids to enhance the removal of unnecessary and potentially harming metabolites
- Diffuses the growth of scar tissue by stimulating the growth of new, healthy tissue
Sports massage isn’t just for professional athletes. Many people who have physically demanding jobs, tend to be on their feet a lot, practice moderate exercise routines just to stay in shape, or tend to simply have a “trouble area” due to normal wear and tear can see the same kind of beneficial results athletes do from these techniques.
Is the clinical name given to a series of holistic treatments used to locate troublesome areas, repair damage, and assist with expediting the body’s natural healing processes. It is a combination of techniques incorporated to relieve muscular ailments and pain in such areas as the lower back, pelvis, neck, shoulders and legs.
From deep tissue methods, to trigger point therapy, Remedial Massage is exercised to address target-specific irritants associated with physical or mental fatigue, muscular pain, and injury rehabilitation it can assist in:
- Relaxing muscles
- Improving joint mobility and overall flexibility
- Calming the peripheral nervous system
- Improving blood circulation and lymph flow
- Eliminating toxins
- Reducing pain and tension
- Improving mood and general well being
- Assisting regular sleep patterns
Generally a flowing massage designed to relax the muscles, reduce stress, tension and to improve circulation and well being.
Deep Tissue Massage
A combination of deep techniques, such as trigger point release, that are designed to alleviate localised problem areas within the body.
A treatment approach that was adapted from acupuncture and refers to the insertion of fine, solid filament needles into the muscles to deactivate trigger points.
This practice has been known to:
- Release and deactivate trigger points
- Reduce muscle tension
- Enhance blood circulation
- Flush toxins
- Release endorphins (the body’s natural pain-moderating chemicals)
- Increase range of motion
Dry Needling is often paired with other kinds of massage to expedite the healing process. A list of common ailments treatable by dry needling are:
- Chronic Pain & Headaches
- Jaw, TMJ Pain
- Neck Pain
- Lower Back Pain
- Hamstring Tightness
- Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)
- Tennis Elbow and Golfer’s Elbow
- Shoulder Tightness and Impingement, Frozen shoulder
- Knee pain and ITB Dysfunction
- Hip Pain and Bursitis
- Gluteal Pain
- Calf Pain
For more information or to book an appointment call us now on (08) 9524 7002 and speak to one of our Massage Therapists.